We are thrilled to find web sites, blogs, videos, and posts centered around chromatography, and we enjoy sharing these finds!
Nitin Vasava is a pharmacist who created the blog pharmastuff4u.
Nitin has posted a couple of very useful lists, here’s excerpts:
TLC Application | Some Applications of Thin Layer Chromatography
VARIOUS APPLICATIONS OF THIN LAYER CHROMATOGRAPHY (TLC) ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Purity of any sample : Purity of sample can be carried out with TLC. Direct comparison is done between the sample and the standard or authentic sample; if any impurity is detected, then it shows extra spots and this can be detected easily.
- Identification of compounds: Thin layer chromatography can be employed in purification, isolation and identification of natural products like volatile oil or essential oil, fixed oil, waxes, terpenes, alkaloids, glycosides, steriods etc.
- Examination of reactions: Reaction mixture can be examined by Thin layer chromatography to access whether the reaction is complete or not. This method is also used in checking other separational processes and purification processes like distillation, molecular distillation etc.
Click Here for the complete post.
Advantages of Thin Layer Chromatography TLC
|Advantages of Thin layer Chromatography (TLC)|
SOME OF THE ADVANTAGES OF THIN LAYER CHROMATOGRAPHY (TLC) ARE AS FOLLOWS:-
- Less equipment is required.
- Very little time for separation is required.
- It is more sensitive.
- The lower detection limit of analytical sample in TLC is approximately one decimal lower than that is paper chromatography and very small quantities of sample is sufficient for analysis.