The National Association of Scientific Materials Managers (NAOSMM for short and pronounced Nay-O-Sum) is:
- A group of approximately 500 individuals involved in purchasing, receiving, warehousing, distribution, and inventory control of chemicals, pharmaceuticals, glassware and plasticware, instruments and special services in research, teaching, and R & D fields.
- We work in academia, industry or research.
- We hold positions such as storeroom managers, laboratory managers, teaching lab coordinators, purchasing or procurement personnel, and business managers.
Our company is proud to be involved with NAOSMM – and we’re looking forward to being part of the 2012 NAOSMM conference in Albuquerue, New Mexico.
At last year’s conference in Minneapolis, we had the privilege of sharing about Thin Layer Chromatography’s rich history and some best practices for storing and using TLC Plates.
Expect photos and updates here as well as on our twitter feed the week of July 30.
Here’s what we’re looking forward to this year:
- Two full days of education and professional development
- The educational seminars and roundtable discussions will help you perform your job more efficiently, economically and safely.
- Discuss current topics in regulations facing the Scientific Materials Manager
- Round Table discussions will can help solve a dilemma you are facing today
- Two half days exclusively for trade show and vendor interaction
- The exclusive time set aside for the trade show allows you to interact with sales representatives and see new products and innovations.
- Find new vendors and develop and enhance more meaningful relationships with current vendors
- The vendor representatives at the trade show value your feedback to improve their products and services.
- Quality time with vendors can save you and your company time and money
- Interact with other NAOSMM members and find out what vendors they value and why.
- Network with peers in academia, research and industry
- NAOSMM is a welcoming group whose members are eager to network and learn from each other as well as our invited speakers.
- The camaraderie with peers is a priceless benefit and has drawn many members back to conferences year after year.
- Receptions and evening activities provide opportunity for continued networking and learning with peers and vendors